Sunday, August 9, 2009

I can not be held responsible for things mumbled at 4 am

8/2 - Week 9

I will never get used to the hours between 1-4 am. Will you?? It's like I have middle of the night Turetz. At the first whimper from Violet's room I start spewing out profanities like Andrew Dice Clay (i am dating myself with that analogy, i know). Of course i reserve this language for my wonderful sleeping husband lying next to me with a pillow over his head (love Lew). I regain composure before I go into Violet's room where I try to enter all "mother-earth-here- to-save-the-day" like . But man is it rough, and the four letter word has taken on a whole new meaning for me in the middle of the night!

I guess its my fault because i haaadddd to get the supererst highest techy baby monitor ever created. The minute Vi so much as winks the freaking thing lights up, vibrates AND blasts in my ear. Defnitely created by someone who's baby follows that "12 weeks to 12 hours sleep" book that Violet threw up on the other day. My very close mommy friend Jill suggested that i try not having the monitor on and that i just get up when i hear... wait for it... Violet actually cry. I gave this about 3 solid minutes of consideration in which i created 6 different scenarios where this would be extremely dangerous and that was the end of that suggestion.

So, last night (like clockwork) i heard Vi sucking her thumb from 1 am- 1:42, cooing from 1:42-2:15, fart and burp at 2:23, and the finally cry out for her night time feeding at 2:55 which took her 15 minutes to eat and another 48 minutes of lights, vibration, action from my bedside table before she fell asleep. I am tired. F**K.

WHAT THE HELL WOULD I DO WITHOUT... Although we have an activity mat for Violet, we played with this one at a friends house the other day and it took everything in me not to pay her double so we could take it with us! We walked to Babies R Us (in the rain) the next day to buy one for ourselves. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266983

No comments: